Need More Information?
Here are some of our most frequently asked questions (and answers).
- Q: What services are included in my booking?
- A: Besides the actual service of moving your items, all of our move quotes include:
- Floor runners to protect your floors from dirt, scuffs and scratches;
- Padded blankets to wrap and protect your furniture (especially large glass/wood pieces);
- Dollies to assist with moving multiple boxes and large items and appliances;
- Wardrobe boxes, which can be used to transfer hanging clothing from one location to another;
- Packing or unpacking services, upon request; and
- Furniture disassembly or reassembly, upon request.
- Q: Do dresser drawers need to be emptied before the move?
- A: Yes, we recommend emptying your dresser drawers, as moving furniture with items inside can jeopardize the structural integrity of the furniture. For clothing and linens, we suggest putting the folded items at the bottom of our wardrobe boxes, or pack them in luggage cases that you are already moving, to save on space!
- Q: How will you protect my carpet and floors?
- A: Five Star Movers offers complimentary floor runners as part of every move, and we do our best to ensure they are placed appropriately, so as to prevent damage to your flooring.
- Q: What is the cancellation policy? Can I make changes to my move date/time?
- A: Deposits are non-refundable in the event of a cancellation. Changes may be made up to 24hrs prior to your move date/time, and we will do our best to accommodate, depending on our availability during your newly requested date/time. Should you require a change within the 24hr window, additional charges may apply.
- Q: Should I tip my movers?
- A: As with other service industries, you may wish to thank your movers for a job well done by offering a gratuity. While tips are always appreciated, they are NOT required. If you feel that the job was done efficiently and effectively, we suggest a tip based on your satisfaction with your crew and the overall move.
- Q: What payment options do you accept on moving day?
- A: We accept cash or credit card for final payments on moving day. Please note that credit card transactions are subject to a 4% processing fee. Should you prefer to pay in cash, please ask our driver to let you know when the move is about 1-2 hours from completion, so that you can plan accordingly.
- Q: What do I need to prepare if I live in an area without a driveway or condo loading dock? Or if I live on a main street?
- A: If you are located in a condo or apartment, please ensure there is access to a loading dock or there is a nearby location where we can park our truck. For all of our customers, if we are forced to park illegally to complete your move (i.e. between 7-9am on a busy street), there may be additional charges for parking tickets. To avoid this scenario, please provide alternate options (side streets, laneways, etc) whenever possible.
- Q: What if something doesn't go as planned?
- A: Should you have any questions at all on the day of your move, we ask that you contact your booking representative immediately and directly at 647-348-0886 to resolve any discrepancies as soon as they arise.
Any other questions or concerns? Please call us at 647-348-0886 or email [email protected] and we will be pleased to help.